Some of our students’ deepest experiences of yoga happen when we can give them the opportunity to stop working to control their body and mind and instead help them rest with support, awareness, and intention. The deep, purposeful kind of resting possible with restorative yoga can eliminate fatigue, expedite recovery from injuries, ease experiences of anxiety, and develop resistance to the impact of stress on physical and mental health, among other things. This teacher training will provide the tools you need to teach restorative poses with confidence and ease, both in a group setting and to one-on-one clients.
Tara Lemerise’s Rest For All Restorative Training is incredibly comprehensive. She covers everything an instructor needs to lead a well sequenced restorative class, from anatomy and why we need restorative yoga to setting up poses with props to how to sequence and even offered music selections. Not only does she make it informative and interesting but fun as well! It was time well spent!
-Rosemary Fatovic, VA, 3/2/17
You will learn:
- detailed alignment and propping instruction of at least seven restorative postures
- the benefits, applications, and energetics of restorative yoga asanas
- when and how to use props to initiate a relaxation response
- how to address injuries, limitations, and special conditions during restorative practice
- ways to identify physical and energetic misalignment in restorative poses
- skills for physical and verbal adjustments during restorative practice
This training is ideal for:
- new and experienced yoga teachers who want to expand their teaching skills
- anyone currently enrolled in an immersion or yoga teaching training program
- anyone interested in deepening their understanding and experience of restorative yoga
Tara’s Restorative Teacher Training was thoughtful, engaging, and enlightening, with the perfect balance of discussion and practice. Her materials are informative and easy to use and the training structure started us off learning and propping restorative postures and ended with us planning and leading our own restorative class. I am so glad to have taken this training to deepen my own understanding and practice of restorative yoga and to be able to share it with my students!
–Tracy Buro, MD, 3/2/17
This training is eligible for 12 hours of continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance and after completion, there are opportunities to join Tara’s apprenticing program.
Training includes a spiral bound 30-page Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Manual.
DATE: Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4, 2018
TIME: 12:30-7 pm each day
LOCATION: Willow Street Yoga in Silver Spring, MD
TUITION: $275 when registered by February 1; $350 after
DATE: Saturday, March 31 and Sunday, Aprl 15, 2018
TIME: 1-7:30 pm each day
LOCATION: Branches of Yoga in Sykesville, MD
TUITION: $160 for day one only (March 31); $285 for both days (March 31 & April 15
Do you want to bring this training to a studio near you? Contact Tara.