Some of our students’ deepest experiences of yoga happen when we can give them the opportunity to stop working to control their body and mind and instead help them rest with support, awareness, and intention. The deep, purposeful kind of resting possible with Restorative Yoga can eliminate fatigue, expedite recovery from injuries, ease experiences of anxiety, and develop resistance to the impact of stress on physical and mental health, among other things. This teacher training will provide the tools you need to teach Restorative Yoga poses with confidence and ease, both in a group setting and to one-on-one clients.
You will learn:
- detailed alignment and propping instruction of at least seven Restorative Yoga postures
- the benefits, applications, and energetics of restorative yoga asanas
- when and how to use props to initiate a relaxation response
- how to address injuries, limitations, and special conditions during Restorative Yoga practice
- ways to identify physical and energetic misalignment in Restorative Yoga poses
- skills for physical and verbal adjustments during Restorative Yoga practice
This training is ideal for:
- new and experienced yoga teachers who want to expand their teaching skills
- anyone currently enrolled in an immersion or yoga teaching training program
- anyone interested in deepening their understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga
This training is eligible for up to 16 contact hours of continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance and after completion, there are opportunities to join Tara’s apprenticing program.
Training includes a spiral bound 30-page Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Manual.