Some of our students’ deepest experiences of yoga happen when we can give them the opportunity to stop working to control their body and mind. Instead, we can help them rest with support, awareness, and intention. The deep kind of resting possible with Restorative Yoga can help in many ways. For example, it can eliminate fatigue and ease experiences of anxiety, among other things. This Restorative Yoga teacher training will provide the tools you need to teach Restorative Yoga poses with confidence and ease. Students work in both a group setting and one-on-one.
You will learn:
- detailed alignment and propping instruction of Restorative Yoga postures
- the benefits, applications, and energetics of restorative yoga asanas
- when/how to use props
- how to address injuries and limitations during Restorative Yoga practice
- ways to identify physical and energetic misalignment in Restorative Yoga poses
- skills for physical and verbal adjustments during Restorative Yoga practice
This training is ideal for:
- new and experienced yoga teachers who want to grow teaching skills
- anyone currently enrolled in an immersion or yoga teaching training program
- anyone interested in deepening their understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga
This Restorative Yoga teacher training is eligible for up to continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance. After completion, there are opportunities to join Tara’s apprenticing program.
Tara has been teaching yoga philosophy, movement, and meditation since 2005. She teaches the time-honored philosophy and practice of yoga in an accessible and joyful way, making students feel they are a unique and valuable part of a community.
Upcoming Training Dates:
5 Weekends: February 27 – April 25, 2021